Win a luxury gastronomic London break with Giovanni Rana, including return travel, hotel accommodation and dinner for two at Restaurant Giovanni Rana.
Giovanni Rana is one of the most cherished culinary secrets in all of Italy; the ‘patriarch of pasta’ began making his own handmade pasta in Verona more than 50 years ago using the classic Italian ingredients of spinach and ricotta.
To enter this competition, simply answer the following question:
Which was the first fresh pasta filling created by Giovanni Rana?
A) Mozzarella and basil
B) Spinach and ricotta
Closing Date: 13:00 hours on 30th September 2016
Winners will be contacted by 05 November 2016
Competition T&Cs – as adapted from version currently on LiveItalian.co.uk
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Participants of the Promotion agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Promoter: Giovanni Rana (UK), Ground Floor, Mallard House, Unit 4 Heavens Walk, Doncaster DN4 5HZ
1. Prize Draw is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland - excluding Channel Islands and Isle of Man) aged 18 years or over. Proof of age may be required.
2. The promotion excludes employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, employees of any agencies involved with the promotion and anyone else professionally connected with the promotion.
3. Only one entry permitted per person. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details will be disqualified from this promotion.
4. No purchase necessary
1 Closing date for receipt of entries is 13:00 hours on 30th September 2016
2 Winners will be contacted by 05 November 2016
1. Entry into the draw can be made via www.liveitalian.co.uk. Entries may only be submitted this way, and entrants must include a valid email address.
2. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are misdirected, lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted during delivery to or from the Promoter due to any computer malfunction, virus, bug, delay or other reason whatsoever. The Promoter is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate information supplied to the Promoter by the entrant in the entry. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
Winner Selection & Notification
· The prize winner(s) will be selected at random by an independent adjudicator from all correct entries received by the closing date. The prize winner(s) will be contacted via email by Wild Card PR. If the Promoter is unable to make contact with the winner(s) within 14 days of the draw, the Promoter reserves the right to re-allocate the prize(s). Secondary winner(s) will then have 14 days to claim their prize. Non-prize winners will not be contacted or notified
· There is one winner prize available as stated:
· Winner prize: Dinner for 2 people at Restaurant Giovanni Rana which includes: Return standard train tickets to London (Giovanni Rana (UK) would only make a contribution to travel up to £100 maximum per person), 1 night accommodation in either Melia Whitehouse Hotel or The Academy Hotel Bloomsbury, London (subject to availability), Masterclass plus dinner at the Giovanni Rana restaurant, located at 19 Triton Street, London NW1 3BF. All of the above up to the value of £500 in total.
o Unless otherwise stated, the prize offered is for 2 people travelling together, one of which must be over 18 years old.
o All locations and dates are subject to availability.
o All travel/packages must be completed within the time-frame stated within the competition. Travel must be completed by 28th April 2017 excluding, Christmas, Easter and all bank holidays. Extensions to the validity of the prize will not be allowed unless first authorised by Giovanni Rana UK Ltd. If an extension is not permitted and the winner is unable to travel during the time-frame stated, cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
o Restaurant and masterclass bookings cannot be made on a Sunday. This does not affect travel and / or overnight stay bookings.
o Giovanni Rana UK Ltd accepts no responsibility for hotels / packages / train bookings etc. being withdrawn or amended.
o Any amendments made by the prize winner after the booking is confirmed will be subject to administration charges.
o Transport to and from train stations is the responsibility of the prize winner unless otherwise stated in the competition.
o The prize is not transferable or exchangeable, cannot be redeemed as cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. There is no cash alternative or refund for unused portions of the prize.
o Bookings will be made through Sense London, First Floor, Century House, Oxford Street, W1D 1LN
o Bookings must be made at least 4 weeks (28 days) in advance of travelling.
o All other costs and expenses in taking up the prize not set out in the stated package description will be at the winners’ expense; these include but are not limited to transfers to and from train stations, additional meals, drinks, and gratuities.
· There are 10 runners up prizes available as stated:
· Runner up price: Giovanni Rana Luxury Hampers.
o You must be over 18 years old.
o The hamper will be delivered via post by Sense London on or around week commencing 12th December.
o Giovanni Rana (UK) reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions without prior notice.
· The Promoter reserves the right to amend or cancel the promotion without notice should the promotion be affected by circumstances outside the Promoters control but will always endeavour to minimise the effect on participants to avoid undue disappointment.
· The Promoters decision is final in relation to all promotional matters
· To the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered or sustained as a result of participation in the promotion or use of the prize. The Promoter does not recommend or guarantee the performance of any contractual or other obligations of any third parties associated with the promotion and shall not be liable for any fraud committed by any third party. The Promoter will not be liable for failure or delay in delivery or performance of their obligations under these terms and conditions in the event of any unforeseen cause beyond its control.
· The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and to refuse an entry if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the claimant has breached any of the terms and conditions or has been fraudulent or contrary to the spirit of the promotion. Instructions printed in hard copy or online form part of these terms and conditions. By entering this prize draw, entrants confirm that they have read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
· The personal details of entrants will be used solely for the distribution of prizes and in order to make the winner’s names and counties available for public inspection and not for future direct marketing purposes (unless the entrant has opted-in to receive further information from the Promoter). The full name and county of the prize winner will be available by sending a SAE to c/o Giovanni Rana Competition, Wild Card PR, Brettenham House, Savoy Street, London, WC2E7AE.
· The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liability (if any) arising from the winning of the prize.
· Winners may be required to participate in unpaid publicity as required by the Promoter.